Other Support & Assistance Available

Government Assistance

Three government agencies (Work and Income, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Education), provide financial support to families of multiples. The Work and Income Multiple Birth Home Help Payments are not means tested. These payments are available to all new triplet parents and are available to new twin parents if you have another child under 5 when your twins are born. Other support from Inland Revenue, Work and Income and Ministry of Education is dependant on your income. There is more information about the types of help available on the Multiples NZ website.

Support Services

Pregnancy Help
Can assist in providing free maternity clothing, baby clothing and equipment such as bassinets, baths, bedding, prams and other items.
Provides meals for families with newborn babies and young children who are struggling with illness.
Note: eligibility criteria apply.
Breastfeeding Support
Information on peer supporters, lactation consultants, support groups and breastfeeding friendly cafes (in the BURPP App) in Otago and Southland.
The Breast Room
Free drop in clinic for breastfeeding help and support, before, during and after pregnancy and free weekend antenatal breastfeeding classes.
Charlotte Jean
Community lactation consultants based in Alexandra and details of other community breastfeeding and parenting support in Central Otago.
Mothers Helpers
Information and support for parents with post-natal depression including symptoms and where to get help. There is also a Facebook support group.
Early Buds
Provides support for families with a premature baby, including free prem baby packs and useful information for parents and families.
Parent Help
A free helpline to support parents to raise their children in a safe and positive environment. Available between 9am and 11pm, 7 days a week.
Twin Loss
Provides support for the loss of one or more multiple at any stage from pregnancy to loss of an adult sibling. Support is provided through Facebook.
Support for parents and families who have experienced the death of a baby during pregnancy, as a baby or an infant. They can also be contacted through Facebook.
Innov8 Smokefree
Smokefree support and information for pregnant women and their families.
The Neonatal Trust
Provides support to families of premature or sick full term babies on the journey through neonatal care, the transition home, and onwards.
Show More

© 2016 Multiples Otago